Do you look forward to going to work every day or do you grudgingly show up in order to pay the bills? Do you work past quitting time because it’s expected or because you’re “into it” and lost track of time?
Many people know their calling in life, their true purpose, and live “on purpose.” Are you one of them?
Take this True or False Self-Quiz to determine whether you are operating from a place of purpose.
- When I get up in the morning, I look forward to the day ahead, whether it’s a workday or my day off.
- I love the work I do — any external reward I receive I consider “the icing on the cake.”
- My work makes me feel rewarded and motivated rather than drained and exhausted.
- When I have spare time, I participate in activities that I’m passionate about, and those activities reflect my purpose.
- I know what my greatest talents and strengths are, and I apply those attributes to my work in some capacity every day.
- I know I’m living my true purpose when others notice and compliment me on my abilities.
- My life – personal and professional – reflects and is in alignment with my core values.
- I consistently base my decisions on my beliefs, not on the expectations of others and, overall, I’m happy with the outcomes.
- If money were not an issue, I wouldn’t change much of what I do and how I do it.
- My work environment is supportive of my personality and talents, and allows me to not only show up as my true self but to perform at my optimal level.
- When my work environment fails to provide me with opportunities to utilize my unique abilities, I look to make a positive change.
- The good (and great days) at work far outweigh the occasional “bad” days.
- My work is enjoyable and often feels like play.
- By fulfilling my own dreams and desires, I am making a positive contribution to the world as a whole.
- Determining one’s life purpose can take a long time, but I’m confident that, even when I question what my purpose is, I know that I have one.
If you answered FALSE to many of these, you may benefit from discovering how to live a life on purpose. Living a purposeful life is as much about how things are done (with love, attention, passion and focus for example) as it is about what is done. It’s also a great way to feel fulfilled regardless of the “job” you may find yourself in.
Author’s content used under license, © Claire Communications